AFFORDABLE RACING TECHNOLOGY SINCE 1995
for sales & technical information, contact:
Don Heckman, 305 215-2202, Cutler Bay, FL
ND Tech Shock Dynamometers
Weight: 43 lbs
Air Regulator: double diaphragm, laboratory grade
Gauge: 5" diameter German made
Valve: High flow, flip up to retract, push down to compress shock
Test Stroke: 2"
Maximum Force: 1059 lbs (3.0" cyl) @ 150 psi, 672 lbs (2.5" cyl) 452 lbs (2.0" cyl)
Timer: self contained printed circuit board with switches and reset specially designed for ND Tech
Warranty: 5 years unconditional on entire dyno
1) Set air regulator to 20 psi
2) Compress shock with control lever
3) The operator becomes the interface with the computer by typing the elapsed time
4) Retract shock with control lever
5) Type in this elapsed time.
6) Do the same for 40, 60, 80, 100 psi which will test your shock at low, medium and high speeds
7) Your Microsoft Excel will produce a graph while you are entering the elapsed times. The same type force vs velocity graph that is a standard in the industry.
While you can see its easy to make a graph, there is a lot of information to be gained by just looking at the elapsed times. Many of our customers will use these elapsed times and not always the graphs. After some experience, the dyno operator knows after seeing the first elapsed time that something is wrong with the shock. We supply a data pad where you can write in the elapsed times at different pressures for all your shocks.
The dyno operator in the transporter at the track can be handed a shock for evaluation and within one minute can test at 60 psi and tell the person the shock is fine by looking at a data pad. If the elapsed time at the shop was lets say .36 seconds. Anything from .35-.37 secs might be the width of a pencil line on a graph and the shock is OK. Something quicker like .20 seconds elapsed time indicates the shock has gone way soft and is damaged, needs rebuild, or was not rebuilt to specs in the first place. A crew chief can look at 2 data pads to see if the replacement shock is the same.
After realizing the repeatability of our 100% analog E-5 dyno, most of those national touring race teams on our customer page utilize our dyno at the track for this application.
TO SEE A SAMPLE GRAPH, CLICK HERE